Friday, July 07, 2006

A little of this, a little of that...


Stairmaster 3000
Originally uploaded by pure_h2o.
Franz has been home for the past week, and its been WONDERFUL. Eli has loved having his dad around all the time, and I'm forcing myself not to think about next week when Franz has to go back to work. It will not be fun, let me tell you. Eli has been attached to Franz like a new father with an unlimited supply of coffee...and when Franz goes back to work, I'm left to deal with the withdrawls.

Eli has been climbing the stairs quite a bit lately. His routine is as follows: climbing the first four stairs to the landing, then bobbing the dog figure's head around for a bit. This is sometimes followed by shoving a set of keys into his mouth, but not always. Next, he climbs the rest of the stairs and stops at the top to relish in his accomplishment for a moment or two. Finally, he crawls into his bedroom, with me right on his heels, only to have the door slammed in my face. He does this every time. And its not like he thinks its funny; he's serious. I didn't think I would have to deal with this until at least he was, oh I don't know, WALKING. This boy might be a little slow to walk, but he's pretty advanced at snubbing his mother. I'm so proud.

Speaking of walking, he's almost there. He's taken a rougue step or two, but its only a matter of days before he starts really going. I am petrified.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! What a boy!

Anonymous said...

That sounds very familliar. Look out walking is next.