Monday, July 17, 2006

Happy 1st Birthday Summer!


Happy Hour
Originally uploaded by pure_h2o.
Yesterday, Franz, Sona, Eli, and I made a trip down to Manteca to celebrate Summer's first birthday. I swear, I don't know how Autumn and George do it; its so HOT over there! Because of the heat (we think it was about 101 there) we stayed inside most of the time.

Summer is growing up to be a very cute little girl. She's crawling now and loves to chase around a purple rubber ball George bought for her. Eli found out the hard way that Summer is still very attached to her mother. Eli went over to Autumn to say hi (but really. He says "Hi") and climbed up to her, and Summer saw what was going on, and charged toward Eli and threw her arm right in his face and shoved him to the ground. Eli didn't cry, but he was pretty suprised because he's never been assulted just for saying hello. Other than that, Summer is a pretty mellow baby, she just turns in to the Incredible Hulk whenever someone else is talking to her mom, that's all.

Eli being Eli, it is of my opinion that he couldn't stand not being the center of attention, so he decided to pull out the big guns: he started walking. He figured that what better time to start walking when he A) had an audience and B) wasn't the child being celebrated? He now takes up to four or five steps at a time. I was excited/horrified. All bets are off now that he can walk. I'm terrified of what's to come. He's so fearless. I'm just afraid he's going to give me a heart attack before he learns not to run into the street. Or away from me at the park. Or into the ocean. Or starts hiding in clothes racks at Target. I can't let myself think about it anymore, its just too much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like Mother like daughter I seem to remember a certain baby that would cry and screem when mom left her sight. Must run in the genes or something. Just keep your fingers crossed with Killian. I feel your pain really I do,

Anonymous said...

Help me