Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Proof that I'm the world's worst mom

Franz came home tonight, and decided to put Eli on the stairs to see if he could sit up, and this is what we got, so I decided to take pictures of it, because that's what I try to do when he does cute stuff. We then put him in his high chair to feed him dinner, and Franz noticed that the left side of Eli's face was swollen. We invistageted further, and found that under his ear was something the size of a walnut. We all freaked out, and I called the nurse help line and she said that it was probably just a swollen gland and it wasn't serious, but we should take him to the doctor tomorrow just to be sure.

Now, I was with Eli all day long, and didn't notice anything. I did notice that he was feeling sluggish, but failed to notice that the left side of his face was exploding. What kind of mother am I?

This is what I'm currently telling myself to make me feel better: I took him out earlier this evening to do some Christmas shopping, and when we were on the way home was when his neck exploded. Franz came home shortly after we did, and that's when we took the pictures and then noticed something was wrong. There was very little time for me to notice that his neck was growing a golf ball. This is my story and I'm sticking to it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh lord, I am also sticking with your story as I was holding him and hanging out with him and also didn't notice anything :( Waah! Glad the advice nurse didn't think it was anything serious!! Call me tomorrow, you know I'll be up crazy early!!

Anonymous said...

???? may be related to his shots. Fussy night etc..Motrin sure helps/
Mom advise again

Anonymous said...

The doctor just told us that Eli has an absess on his lymph node. He reassured us that it wasn't serious, but he'll have to have surgery to have it drained and he'll most likely stay over night.

He's having a really tough time sleeping here, which also makes things hard.

Anonymous said...

Oh my God, I'm so sorry you guys have to go through this!! Let me know if I can do anything to help! And keep posting. I'll give you a call tomorrow to see how he is. Love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Love and hugs and kisses - let me know if you guys need anything. I'm thinking of you guys.