Monday, November 14, 2005

Eli's first apple (or fruit for that matter...)

Since we've started giving Eli cereal, he now wants to eat whatever we eat, which means that we can't eat anything without him screaming. I can't tell you how much fun that is.

Case in point, while Eli was in his jumper, Franz was sitting near him eating an apple. Eli locked on to the apple, and started whimpering like a puppy until Franz let him try it. He loved it. Eli sucked on it until all the juice was gone, which left Franz with a slobbery, flavorless apple. Yum.

Franz is feeling much better and went back to work today. He now gets dizzy when he's hungry, gets a headache every now and then, but other than that, he's feeling fine, which I am so grateful for.

6 comments:

Franz said...

Although I'm a composed and collected fellow, driving to work was really hard for me. Today was the first time I'd driven on the freeway since the accident and, while on the on-ramp, I burst into sudden tears. I don't normally cry, really. My heart was racing, I was breathing fast... and I kept replaying the accident in my head, working myself up into an artificial state of panic.

Anonymous said...

:( awww, Franz!! I hope it gets better and I'm SO GLAD that you're okay. That must have been really really scary for you...I got in a VERY minor car accident like 5 years ago on my way home from SF and to this day I STILL note the spot every time I drive by it (granted, i don't drive that way very often.) But I hope that soon it will remind you of all the things you have (family, friends, beautiful son) rather than give you the horrible, panic-y feeling. So glad you're okay, and hope it gets better.

Anonymous said...

Definitely need that Kentucky mash to soothe the throat. Eli needs some hog jowels and collard greens.

Anonymous said...

Sooooo, I see he's wearing a unitard....

Anonymous said...

Who has the unitard? Frnz or Eli?
He would really do weel with the teething biscuts you should try them. He coul try to hold them himself .A window of opportunity for eating !No cheerio's yet as they are to small.

Anonymous said...

Boy needs vodka shooters.