Sunday, November 06, 2005

A call too close


Awwww...the happy family
Originally uploaded by pure_h2o.
Last Friday, Franz was in a terrible car accident. He wasn't seriously injured, but because of the severity of the accident, he could've been, or worse... I cannot even think about that. He was driving on 280 in the fast lane when some evil, horrible, lady clipped him, causing his truck to flip over on it's side, and then roll three times across three lanes of the highway. He was taken in an ambulance to the hosiptal(had to share the ambulance with the woman who hit him and the whole time she insisted that SHE was hit by some maniac who was drunk and driving over 100 miles an hour. If anyone has ever ridden in a car that Franz was driving just once, they would know he doesn't drive like that.), and thankfully, he wasn't seriously hurt. His neck is in quite a bit of pain, and he's really dizzy some of the time, but other than that, he's fine.

The same cannot be said for his poor truck. According to the Highway Patrol, two of his tires are just gone, his camper shell is also missing, and his windshield and side windows are totally smashed. Poor Franz was wearing his new glasses, and they were thrown off and lost, so he couldn't see much of anything else. Tomorrow we're going to go see his truck and I think that's going to be really hard on both Franz and me.

However, to anyone who's looking into buying a truck, I highly recommend the Toyota Tacoma. That truck saved Franz's (and his family's) life.

I know that I said that I wouldn't thank you anymore, but I lied, thank you Kim for driving me to the hospital and staying in that crazy emergency room for five plus hours. You have no idea how much that means to us, and I don't think that I could've walked into the hospital as calm as I did if you hadn't hit me with my car.

It is hard for me to look at this picture without crying because this, so easliy, could have been the last family picture we took. It so scares me to think of living my life without this man, to have Eli not have one memory of his father, and two days ago, that could have been a reality.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Need a Hummer.

Anonymous said...

Sheesh, you didn't have to tell EVERYONE about how I hit you, you could have just left it at all the "kim's so nice" stuff! You are welcome, I wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else but there with you guys, and I'm so extremely grateful that Franz is okay. Now stop thanking me already!! Love you guys. p.s. - for those of you who are wondering, it was a little kiss from the rear bumper while I was backing up INTO Jen. Sorry.

Anonymous said...

Need a Bradly with machine guns...

Anonymous said...

At times I do belive there is a God !I can't imangine life without you Franz!Mom