Today we've had a breakthrough in the ongoing battle to potty train Eli. I finally put it together that I needed to make potty training matter to him. Honestly, Eli doesn't mind wearing a diaper and pooing and peeing himself. I needed to show him the error of his ways. I needed to make him hit bottom. So what did I do? I told him that he could play with the fan if he went to the big boy potty and that if he had an accident, I would take the fan away. It worked. As of this morning, he has gone to the potty seven times and has only had three accidents. Before today, he has never gone to the potty more than once in a day, actually it is pretty common for several days to pass in between each use of the potty. So seven times is a pretty big deal around here. Lets hope it lasts.
As for Max, well, he's still a cute little screamy baby. He still goes through pretty severe highs and lows...one minute he'll be all giggles and smiles and only seconds later, he'll be screaming his head off. I have a really hard time getting pictures of him as when he's all cute and smiley and I think to go get the camera, by the time I point and shoot, he's crying.
Max is still pretty attached to me, but he's starting to warm up to other people, like, oh say, his dad. And that's nice for all involved. Franz watches the boys on Tuesday nights so I can go to the gym and last week, Franz made the mistake of trying to take the boys to the park, and Max wasn't feeling it. At all. And he was not shy about it either. Needless to say, this cute all boys trip to the park didn't last very long. I couldn't believe Franz had the guts to try to pull something like that, as I am still really freaked out about taking them to the park, and I have instant access to Max food. I don't think he'll be doing that again anytime soon.
Sunday, March 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
What happend to the picture?
Still no picture Jen.
Post a Comment