Man, I don't even know where to begin. First, thankfully we're home. We got to come home Monday evening; its so great to not be in the hospital, let me tell you. What made the whole experience bearable was all the visitors. Thank you Mom, Ravi, Drena, Kilian, Sona, and Kim for making time to see us. Eli loved seeing you, but more than that, Franz and I wouldn't have been able to stay sane without your support.
Drena and Kilian came down on Friday for a visit and they saw us in the hospital a bunch. Drena even stayed over night with Eli so that Franz and I could go home, which was so awsome. It was the first time I spent a night away from my little guy, and truth be told, it kind of freaked me out leaving him in the hospital. But, the full night's sleep was wonderful and needed. Thanks again Drena for doing that.
Now that we're home, Eli's better than I've ever seen him. He's all smiles and is more curious than ever. He is so much fun to be around! You couldn't tell at all that he had surgery less than a week ago. His neck is sensitive when you touch it, but other than that, he's back to normal.
Aunt Autumn and Summer also came down for a couple of days to visit. I asked the doctors if it was all right for Eli to be around another baby, and they said that just as long as they didn't touch each other or share the same stuff, she should be fine. Seeing Summer again was nice; she's gotten so big!
Eli and Summer couldn't be any more different. Eli's all energy and curious and independant and loud, while Summer is a big mellow cuddle bug (but only with Autumn, she freaks out with other people). Summer could be held all day long, while Eli would freak out if that happened.
All in all, its been a pretty hectic week and I couldn't be happier with the results.
Wednesday, December 07, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment