I thought I would take a moment to write down some of the things that Eli says that strike me as totally brilliant or hilarious.
One morning, I was making breakfast for the boys in the kitchen. I had placed Max on the floor and gave him a spoon to play with. Eli looked down at Max and said, "Well...Max is just down there spooning."
I find that Eli talks like an old man. When you ask him something, his typical response is to say, very slowly, "Well..." which is followed by a lengthy response. This is even the response to a question like, "Would you like something to drink?" And Eli'll say, "Well...I think...I might like....some.....ummmm......orange juice."
One afternoon, Eli asked to open the garage. He used to ask to open the garage on an hourly basis. This isn't the case anymore (thank goodness, as the garage door motor could use a break) but it still happens every so often. Anyway, after he opened the garage door, I noticed that Mister, our cat, had left us a little present on the garage floor. As a side, I suppose that if my cat is going to "leave presents" outside of his litter box, that the garage floor is the best place for him to go. But its still annoying. Well, I saw the present, and I said a few choice words under my breath, and Eli, looking at the poop, said, "Mister doesn't care about us.". That's right. Anyone who poops on my garage floor DOESN'T care about us.
One Sunday evening, we were leaving Nani and Grandpa's house WAY passed Max's bedtime. We had put Max in his carseat first, and as Grandpa put Eli in his seat, he looked over at Max and in his most somber voice said, "It's going to be a long ride home.". And it was. Eli, being the smartest kid I know, tapped out and fell asleep within the first five minutes of the hour long car ride home. Max, being persistent in his misery, screamed the whole way back.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
He just wanted some Love.
Post a Comment