As I am writing this, Eli and Max are playing with Eli's favorite toy, the ball popper. Over the past few days I have come to the realization that Eli plays better with Max than he does any other kid. With other kids, he is so protective of the ball popper that they don't get a chance to touch the thing, but he lets Max pretty much do anything he wants with it. He's patient (as patient as a three year old can be) and he gets a kick out of Max's responses to things he shows him. When Max is grumpy, it is Eli who can cheer him up again. And Eli loves that. I cannot express how happy this makes me. I wonder how long this will last.
Max is days away from crawling. He is doing what Eli did when he was this age: the face slide. All Max needs to do is get his big head and belly off the ground, and he's all set. I'm terrified.
Max does a lot of mamamama and dadadadada. He's trying so hard to talk, and uses a lot of inflections with the same two words to get his point across. I really don't know what I'll do if he talks as much as his brother.
Eli is doing great at school. In fact, this morning he was a little disappointed that today was not a school day. Both Franz and I knew that once school became a part of his routine, that Eli would love it.
While on the subject of school, let me tell you that I LOVE Miss Emily. Yesterday, when I came to pick up Eli, she came up to me and told me that Eli had climbed her pear tree and that he did a really good job. I was struck by two things, the first was pride, I was so proud of Eli since he usually is pretty scared by things like heights, and second, was how awesome that his preschool teacher PRAISED him for climbing a tree! It secured my notion that we put Eli in the right school.
Friday, October 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Going to make a great spelunker.
You should be so proud of Eli sounds like he really loves his school. Just give it a few years when he starts first grade!!
Post a Comment