On Sunday, Franz dressed Eli in a cute little flannel shirt, and it reminded me of this picture of Franz when he was a kid. After some digging, I found the picture and was shocked to see how much they they really look alike. I scowered the picture for differences between little Franz and Eli, because its in the differences that I play a part, and I was hard pressed to find any. I was so amazed by this that I decided to show the picture to everyone I could.
First, I showed Franz, and he didn't seem to care too much about the remarkable resemblance betweeen him and his son because he was in a bad mood and wanted to watch football. It happens.
Then, I showed Kilian, who said, "Wow, he looks older here, like he's four." This was just the reaction I was waiting for. I then broke the news that this wasn't Eli, but Franz when he was little. Kilian laughed a little and then went about his bussiness. I don't get it. I think its amazing that Eli looks so much like Franz that he can be mistaken for him by his own grandfather. Who lives with him. And plays with him every day. And who knows that we don't have that couch.
Anyway, a little later, Sona and I took Eli across the street to visit the horses, and we ran into June, the lady who lives there, and since I was still infatuated with this little picture, I brought it along and showed her. And she thought it was Eli too! And thankfully, she thought it was pretty amazing too, and showed it to her boyfriend, Al. He kind of smiled, and then went about his business. This let me know that men aren't built to care about stuff like this, and that's Ok, and I had one reaction that mirrored mine, and that was good enough for me.
But the final test for this little picture was when I showed it to Eli. I pulled it out, and asked him who was in the picture. He looked at it, and after a few seconds, said "Baby. Baby Eli." It had fooled even him! I was shocked, because first of all, he never picks himself out in pictures. He usually just refers to himself as a baby, and then stops caring, as I am learning all boys do. But this was the first time he recognized himself, or thought he did. But he should know one thing: I would NEVER give him a bowl hair cut.
Tuesday, January 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Forgot Kitty.
That was the good jello bowl.
How did he get the jelly out of his hair?
Post a Comment