1. When anyone in our house is holding Eli and he wants down, this is what you hear:
Eli: Up?
Eli's holder (usually me): You are up.
Eli: Down?
This happens every time. He somehow can't have say down without talking about up first.
2. Whenever Eli wants something to drink, he sings/whines, "Boddu Bodduuuuuuuuuu?" Over and over again. It almost sounds like he's speaking with a French accent, and it drives me nuts. I wonder if its one of those things that makes me crazy when its happening, but I'll miss when its gone. I kind of just want to get to the missing part if that's the case.
3. Now when Eli hurts himself in the slightest, he wants someone to kiss it to make it better. I love that. I love that I can make it better just by loving him. I know that this won't always be true, so I'm going to hold on to this for as long as it lasts.
4. He is obsessed with the T.V. show "Blue's Clues". When he gets up in the morning, its the first thing that he asks for, but it sounds more like, "Boo's Shoes". It's not a bad show, comparatively speaking. They sing the same songs every episode and Eli tries so hard to sing along, which is pretty much the most adorable thing ever. And its a good thing I have that because I have to watch at least four episodes a day. But really.
5. His favorite breakfast is toast with cinnamon and sugar. He has a distinct way of eating it, where he shoves the whole triangular toast slice in his mouth and sucks off all the sugar and then takes the mangled bread out and puts it back on his plate. He does this to all slices until all of the sugar is gone, and if he's feeling particularly hungry, he'll go back and actually eat some of it. I don't get mad because I totally understand. If it were socially acceptable, I would do it too.
6. Eli has learned the word, "no" and it hasn't become a big problem, but I can see it turning into one very soon. He uses it in all the right contexts, but always says with a hint of uncertainty. Like if we offer him something to eat, and he doesn't want it, he'll say, "no?". And since there's the doubt in his voice, we'll usually ask again, and its then that he answers with a "NO!!!". There's really no in between with this kid.
7. Eli is the only person in the whole wide world that asks me to sing. He loves it when I sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and "The Itsy Bitsy Spider". I could sing them ten times in a row, and he would still ask for me to sing it again.
Sunday, January 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I have devastating news: The lightbulb in my glitter lamp burned out! I have to remember to replace that before the next time Eli comes over!
He loves twinkly lights too. How about just a fan---he can play with that for hours.
Post a Comment