Monday, August 08, 2005

4 Shots Down, a Bazillion to Go


This Guy LOVES His Baths
Originally uploaded by pure_h2o.
On Friday Eli went for shots, round 1. The poor little guy did great, especially for having to endure 4 brutal stabbings.

I'm really amazed at how many shots babies have to take:
2 Months: 4 shots
4 Months: 4 shots
6 Months: 4 shots
12 Months: 3 shots
16 Months: 3 shots
18 Months: 2 shots
...

Under the current immunization schedule, childern will be given 23 shots protecting them from 11 different diseases before starting kindergarden.

Okay I have to stop there because I'm having flash-backs to my EMG bad needle experience. Arghhhhh.... the pain. Why do we torture babies so? Yea Yea, I already know the answer. At least he won't remember it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute watter babie!

Anonymous said...

Where is my diving gear, mom?

Anonymous said...

Putting a baby to sleep is sometimes like fighting the big monster at the end of a video game. You think you're pushing all the right buttons, and he starts to go down. Then out of no where, he rises full of energy and fury. Unfortunately for me, there isn't a cheat code for me to use. Game Over.

Anonymous said...

Oh man, that is an adorable picture!! He's growing so fast already, it's amazing!!