Last weekend we found the perfect Cornus Florida 'Rubra' a.k.a. Dogwood for Eli at Bongard's Nursery. I got around to planting it this weekend, and, it looks great!
Jen pointed out some symbolizim in the size of the tree we picked. Eli's tree is already a good 5' tall, whereas Jen and I's trees started at around 1-2' tall. And, Eli's tree is front and center in our yard, with my tree off in the shady bowels of the upper garden. It's a sign that we've already begun putting Eli ahead of ourselves. We've even fixed up his room to be the best room in the house.
Monday, April 04, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
The tree adds so much to our yard! Now that its there, I couldn't picture our garden without it! I know Eli will do the same for us. Cheesy but true.
It's so amazing how you've done such a nice job with the garden ! Dogwood is one of my favorites! Lots of them in S.C..when we lived there too.
Post a Comment