Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Here's Max!


DSC_0358
Originally uploaded by pure_h2o
I know that this is more than a little late, but here it is. Max was born Saturday, December 15th at 9:55 am. He weighed 7lbs and 6oz and was 21 inches long. As soon as he was born, he peed all over the doctor.

Eli is doing so much better than any of us thought he would. He absolutely adores Max. Every morning, when I come downstairs with Max, the first thing out of Eli's mouth is, "Can I hold the bay-bay?" And once he's holding Max, he repeats, "Look, its a baaaaybeee." It's pretty darn cute.

Now a little about Max. He seems to be totally different from Eli. First off, this kid can eat. And it shows. He's just over six weeks old and he's close to 11 lbs already. He has grown out of all of his newborn clothes. I am shocked by this because Eli was always so small and it took forever for him to out grow clothes. Which, in retrospect, was very nice as I didn't have to buy new clothes all the time.

I think all of us agree that Max is a lot calmer than Eli. He surely doesn't cry as much as Eli did. Much like his brother, Max doesn't sleep well at night (What did I do to deserve two kids who don't sleep?), but he only wakes up to eat, and then he usually goes right back to sleep, which is nice.

This is pretty much all we've got on Max so far. Oh, and he loves baths. He can be cranky or passed out, and as soon as we put him in the bath, he's wide awake and loving it. We're going to get him in swim class as soon as he gets his two month shots.

Now, for Eli. I know its been way too long since I've updated with him, but I'll try to capture where he's at now.

He talks like there's no tomorrow. I cannot believe how much this kid talks. The other day when we were in the car, Eli informed me, "If my head comes off, there will be blood. And momma will be very sad." And every word of that is true. I just hope that this isn't what he thinks about all the time.

And to our surprise, he's still interested in fans and pretty much anything that spins. We thought he would out grow this, but that has not been the case. In fact, I would venture to say that the infatuation has gotten stronger as he's gotten older. He's just interested in more things that spin now. Thanks to Poopa, he knows the difference between clockwise and counter clockwise. For example, today Sona bought him a draw string helicopter toy, and he just told me that it was spinning counter clockwise. And he was right. And for some reason, that's really important to him.

I hope that this will be the big come back of updating this website. Franz and I had a really good time looking back at when Eli was an infant, and I want Max to have the same opportunity to know what he was like when he was small.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAAAAY!!!! You're back, that is so great!! I totally missed reading these - although I see you guys all the time, it is still so awesome to have the website!! Love you!! Max's blanket is 3/4 done! It may be late, but it did go to China, which is a pretty cool and distinct feature in a handmade blanket!!

Anonymous said...

Eli also has "Guacamole Baby" down pat. We have a camping spot waiting for him up near to the river. Big campfire near the river. Build a lean to and do some fishing.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back after such a long and lengthy absence. I was told you were posting again yay!!
It's been cold here with some snow but at least we survived it. Hope to see you in sunny CA this summer.

Beth

Anonymous said...

Eli, Poopa found a great camping area on the spit of land near the Skykomish river. I ran into some fishermen on the river catching salmon. Ya wanna fish?