Friday, November 17, 2006

Not sleeping, but bouncing


Walking the Dog
Originally uploaded by pure_h2o.
Holy schmoly! Two days in a row!!! Can you believe it? Neither can I.

I feel kind of bad complaining about this since its been ages since Eli's slept poorly, but this kid will not take a friggin nap to save his life, and its driving me nuts. He is so tired and cranky, and he won't sleep. Not a wink. And I am fighting off a cold, and I would also like to take a nap because I'm super tired, but I can't if he doesn't. I even went as far as to try to have him nap with me, but all he did was drool on my shoulder and then roll off the bed so he could climb on all the furniture. I will admit that part of this is selfish on my part because I need that hour or two to myself. This is true, but if he doesn't nap, later in the afternoon he turns into a monster that cannot be controlled, much like a werewolf on a full moon. I am hoping that this is just a phase and he'll get over it, um, say by tomorrow. That would be ideal.

And to balance out the complaining side of this post, today we went to gym class, and for the first time ever, Eli actually jumped. With both feet off the ground. Granted, he was on the trampoline, but still, it was a first, and boy was he proud of himself. He even gave himself a round of applause, he was so impressed. It was adorable. Now whenever he sees the trampoline, he points to it and says, "Bouncy?". So adorable.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once again "welcome to mother hood' Jen. This sounds like some phase I think every toddler does this its just finding the right solution to this that is hard. Hang in there! You will survive this.

Anonymous said...

P.S. What do you mean Franz is getting gray hair he's far too young.