Monday, February 28, 2005

The Making of a Nursery


Rotation of Resize of IMG_0900
Originally uploaded by pure_h2o.
With 14 weeks left 'til the joyous arrival, the nursery is really coming together. The expecting mother has been graciously pardoned from all painting duties, but, she is the acting color consultant: the walls Peridot, the ceiling Blue Feather, and the clouds Silver Sky. What's left? Some crown molding to polish off the job.

When Eli is 6 1/2 I'll probably get the sincere comment, "Dad, these clouds suck". Hey little buddy! Do you know how much time I put into those things? And the cost of paint! Not to mention, I had to climb that ladder uphill both ways little fella! Ah, the joys of fatherhood! I can't wait. No, seriously! I really can't wait.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't picture a more perfect nursery. Thank you sweetie for all of your hard work. I am sure Eli will love it. And if he doesn't, he can re-paint it!

Franz said...

Yea !!! I'm so glad you peaked at the site today sweetheart. I stayed up late last night crafting up this new look. I like it and I hope you do too!

Anonymous said...

This is a test comment.

Anonymous said...

This is a great room! I need somedecorators like you around here!Comments from the soon to be Grandma

Franz said...

Thanks Momma Dill! ( I think you're momma dill anyway ). Maybe Grandma Sybil passed down the painting gene to Sona and I!

I've stalled on finishing touches but this weekend I can knock out the crown molding leaving a picture perfect nursery. Then, our in-house Betsy Ross is gonna craft up some beautiful curtains.

Anonymous said...

You guys are so adorable I can't believe it! This baby is going to be more than loved, it will be extraloved.