Despite the odds, we had a pretty good Halloween. As I mentioned earlier, Eli had a double ear infection. Well, Max felt left out, so he went and picked up an ear infection for himself on Thursday. It was awful. Both of the boys were super sick and cranky all last week. We were stuck in the house, and let me tell you, all of us don't do well with that. So not only did they have ear infections, we all had a pretty bad case of cabin fever to boot.
Franz and I agreed that we couldn't just write off Halloween. Since we don't live in a neighborhood, staying home and handing out candy wasn't an option, so we headed off to my parents' house. We figured that worst case, we could just hand out candy (and perhaps an ear infection) to their neighborhood kids. But, both boys perked up a bit, so we took them out.
Well, let me back up a minute. So Eli perked up, but he wanted NOTHING to do with his costume. About a month ago, I made him a garage costume, since garages were his favorite things ever. He wanted nothing to do with it. Fine. So I took him to Target, and let him pick out a costume. That took forever, and I could tell that he really didn't care about the costume too much. Then, on Halloween, he refused to put it on. I told him that it was fine, he didn't have to wear it, but that meant that he couldn't go out and ring other people's doorbells for candy. He finally put it together that the payoff for wearing a stupid costume was far too high, and he gave in. I never thought I would have to bribe my kid to go out trick-or-treating.
Once he got out there, he had a great time. He took his trick-or-treating very seriously, like it was his job. Max, well, he just went along for the ride. Its pretty great having a baby with you, because even though Franz and I were dressed up, we got nothing, but EVERYONE offered us something for Max. Even stuff like Milk Duds, which would kill him. But whatever, I didn't have to negotiate with Eli for candy, so there.
Monday, November 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Glad to hear a good time was had by all despite the ear infections. Our Halloween was great we had my Dad's retirement party and had lots of kids. One little girl was dressed as a butterfly she was just so cute!! We did run out of candy which was a bummer still it was fun.
Beth
P.S. Cute Dragon and Dash! Although I think Michael Phelps(A.K.A Franz) is missing his medal.
What, no uncle Sam
No Sam.
Son of Sam?
Maybe
Post a Comment