Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Dill Brothers


Snuggle
Originally uploaded by pure_h2o
These boys are something. They are interacting together much more now. While in the car, Max just watches Eli, even if he's sleeping. And on the off chance that Max is playing with a toy and not paying attention to his big brother, Eli will call Max's name over and over and over again until Max stops what he's doing and looks his way. Its pretty adorable.

Speaking of the car, a few days ago while I was driving somewhere, Eli, out of no where, says, "Momma, you can't have anymore babies. Not two babies, not three babies, not four babies, not five babies. No more babies.". I couldn't agree more kid.

Not that having Max isn't wonderful. He's turning into such a fun little boy. His main mode of transportation is rolling. He HATES being on his stomach, so as soon as he rolls on his tummy, he's got to roll over again. I don't know if he's ever going to crawl at this point. I have mixed feelings about him being able to move on his own. On the one hand, it will be good to not have to carry him EVERYWHERE, but on the other hand, its going to be impossible to keep all of Eli's toys off the floor and out of his mouth. And I don't want to think about how Eli is going to react to this.

Eli is doing great. He's scheduled to start pre school in September, and he's SO ready for that. He needs to have something that's just for him right now. I notice that when Max is sleeping, Eli is usually well behaved, and that its when I'm dealing with his little brother that he acts up. I am still struggling with finding a proper way of dealing with that. I will say that when Eli acts up, its never against Max, which I appreciate more than he could ever know. He gets frustrated with him when he cries (don't we all) but he's never been intentionally hurtful. I love that about him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Little Outdoor Ed. coming up. Time for camping, fishing and swimming.

Anonymous said...

Buddies. Aw isn't that cute.

Beth