Friday, May 23, 2008

Eli and Max-isms


Preaching to the Choir
Originally uploaded by pure_h2o
Today we'll start with Max:

He loves his play pen. I am such a lucky Mom. I stick him in there, throw in a couple of toys, and he's entertained for a good ten minutes. I know that this doesn't sound like a long time, but I'll take what I can get.

Max loves the bath! And we're so excited...this Saturday, we're FINALLY starting him in swim lessons. When he's in the bath, he kicks like nobody's business, and the entire time, he has such a serious face, like he's working on calculus. It's adorable. I can't wait to get him swimming. Hopefully, he won't be one of those screamy kids.

And I have to be the luckiest mom, because Max and Eli really get along. Max can be fussy as all get out, and Eli will come along and get in Max's face, and squeal this horrible, high pitched squeal that makes my skin crawl, and it will calm Max down instantly. Their new thing is Eli pushing Max around the house in the walker. I cannot express how happy this makes me. I will take a picture of it next time.

Max is teething and sticking anything he can get his chubby little hands on into his mouth. I would have to say that right now his chew toys of choice are paper and keys. Both are totally sanitary and socially acceptable.

He is a super giggly baby. I think he's going to be one of those unfortunate souls who are very, very ticklish. I can get this kid to totally bust a gut by tickling him in the ribs. His little giggle gives me butterflies in my tummy, its so darn cute. Eli has yet to figure out how to do this, but I'm sure he will soon. I apologize to you Max in advance for that.

Now for Eli....

A lot has gone on for him. First off, last week, we visited preschool for the first time and Eli had a blast (Max did great too...I was expecting him to throw a fit, but such was not the case. Way to step up kid!). If all goes well, he'll be going there in September. We went to the preschool that his friend Galen goes to, so Eli had the advantage of knowing someone there. He wasn't shy at all (not that I was expecting him to be). He worked on some art projects (which will be framed) and he played with the other kids. I tried as best I could to be a fly on the wall and just let him do his thing, but I will admit, it was hard. During snack time, the teacher had the kids sit around a table cloth and wait as one little girl passed around the snack. Eli was sitting next to his friend Galen and was rather close to the snack plate. Galen said, "I want some watermelon! I want watermelon!" and Eli, being the good friend that he is, grabbed his buddy some watermelon. And then all six of the other kids yelled at him for not waiting his turn. My little heart just broke; there was no way for him to know that getting his friend a piece of watermelon wasn't the right thing to do. But I have to say, once he gets the routine down, he'll absolutely love school.

This week is Eli's last week in the swim class where he swims with a parent. I am so going to miss swimming with that kid, but he doesn't need us in the water with him anymore. He's finally moving up to the "big kid" class, and I know that he's just going to excel there. Right now, we're holding him back. He messes around in class because he's not challenged, and he's by far the best swimmer in his class. He needs some competition to keep him on his toes.

I feel like Eli's post is all about how he's growing up, and just to prove that he's not a baby anymore, he's taken to calling Franz and me Mom and Dad. Gone are the days of Momma and Daddy. I honestly thought that I would get to be Momma until he was at least five. I guess I was wrong. This has been going on for about two weeks, and it still catches me off guard. Wah.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a kid thing they just grow so fast.