Friday, February 02, 2007

Franz's spinal injection day, Eli is now a counter

Today, Franz had a set of six spinal injections, three in his neck, and three in his back. Eli and dropped him off to the surgery center while we went to have breakfast. Eli sat in a booster seat for the first time, and though he was a little squirmy, he did great. I was so proud.

After breakfast, we waited for Franz in the surgery center's waiting room, where Eli spun the wheels on his stroller, which kept him from running around and screaming. I must remember to thank that cave man who invented the wheel, because it has saved me many a time from having to deal with a crazy little boy. Anyway, the waiting room was packed full of stressed out people (understandably) but Eli managed to charm quite a few of them. While spinning his wheels, he stopped, and counted all the wheels on the stroller, "One, two, three, four". This knocked the socks off the lady sitting across from us, who asked me how old he was, and when I replied, "A little over a year and a half", she told me how smart he was. And I agree.

Franz is doing ok now. He's really sore from the injections, but he's in good spirits. Eli's really happy to have him home, and is dealing with the fact that he can't jump all over him pretty well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope that cousin of mine recoverd in fine shape. Love Beth