Today we went to the allergy specialist. And of course, Max is allergic to milk. Though there is a very fine line of silver lining, the doctor is convinced that he will grow out of it by the time he is five, if not sooner. I am happy that we have answers to what's making him all rashy. I have stopped eating dairy and his skin is, well, like a baby's, and not like a sunburned pig. And that's nice.
Last night, we took the boys to the La Honda elementary school for dinner and a presentation by the library. Eli got to run around the all purpose room with a bunch of other kids that were all older than him. He had a blast. He ran and ran and ran and he fell and fell and fell. At one point, I overheard some of the older boys trying to guess how long it would take Eli to fall. And then another kid piped in, "Hey, he's not going to fall. He's just a little kid. But he's pretty fast." I wish Franz had been close enough to hear that. It made me so proud, and I wanted to give that big kid a hug, though he would probably have been real embarrassed and his mom would have thought I was kind of creepy so I held back.
With his keen fan finding skills, Eli locked in on the heaters in the room and tried to get the other kids to understand their wonderment. The other kids weren't buying it. But what's amazing to me is that Eli wasn't distracted by what the other kids thought. He tried to share his love of fans with them, they didn't care, and that didn't stop him from staring straight into the heater. I hope he never loses the ability to not be swayed by the popular vote.
I haven't taken Eli to the library for story time because I didn't think he would sit still long enough for it. Boy, was I wrong. He was entranced by the storytelling. It was so awesome seeing him sit there with all of those other kids, totally fixated on the storyteller. We will have to make the trip to the library sometime soon. Hopefully Max will cooperate!
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I am glad you found out what was wrong and that it can be dealt with. I bet that's a big load off your mind.
Beth
Need goats milk.
What a cutie looks just like his mommy.
How could Eli not enjoy the library ! It's in the genes , Right, Aunt Marilyn?
Maybe. We will see as time marches on.
Beth
This must be the happy baby picture or at least a close proximity.
Beth
Max is still a cutie. Just cant wait for Disneyland. I'm getting too excited!
Beth
Post a Comment